Thursday, April 08, 2010

Thursday Update

As you may already know I have been working on this black and white quilt.
I had an idea about how to quilt it but was not sure if it was the right thing to do. A few of you left me some ideas last week. And while I was reading one of my favorite blogs I posted a question, here. So I was so glad that I had gone ahead with both Machine and hand stitching. I like the speed of the Machine quilting but the artistic side of the hand stitching.  




I finished sewing the binding in place, but realized that 1/4 inch seam was not enough so I need to go back and sew a 3/8 inch seam before I can turn it and do the hand stitching.

4 comments:

Cassy said...

Hand stitching a quilt? You are awesome!!

Karen said...

It looks a lot bigger in these pictures. I think it is such a good idea. I wish you luck finsihing it.

Diana and Derek said...

I think that is beautiful. I think you have a good eye for picking out the style and color. Especially your purses.

Idaho Penningtons said...

I have a friend and all she does is hand quilt! The machine goes so fast its hard to make it look real artistic! Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thank You for stopping in!